We had 16 Sharks compete at the Woden Qualifying Meet over the weekend including Yaroslav, Mason, Jasmine, Benjamin, Samuel, Nicholas, Kiara, Jake, Ethan, Maddison, Jessica, Jarrod, Patrick H, Oliver, Patrick and Alexis. All our Sharks were amazing, both in and out of the pool.
- Yaroslav competed in 6 events including swimming the 200m LC Breaststroke for the first time.
- Mason competed in 6 events and achieved a PB in 4 of them including a PB in his 100m Freestyle receiving a Gold Medal; a PB in his 50m Backstroke; a 1.96 second PB in his 50m Butterfly; a PB and a Silver medal in his 50m Freestyle; and a Bronze Medal in his 100m Backstroke event.
- Jasmine achieved a PB in her 50m Backstroke; a PB and a Silver Medal in her 100m Freestyle; and a Bronze Medal in her 100m Breaststroke event.
- Ben achieved a massive 10.41 second PB in his 200m Breaststroke event.
- Sam achieved a 100% PB rate competing in both the 50m Freestyle and 50m Butterfly events.
- Nick competed in 7 events and achieved a PB in 6 of them including a 2.76 second PB in his 200m Backstroke; 2.31 seconds in his 50m Freestyle; 6.16 seconds in his 200m Breaststroke; 1.66 seconds in his 100m Breaststroke; 084 seconds in his 50 Backstroke; and 0.75 seconds in his 50m Breaststroke.
- Kizzy achieved a 5.41 second PB in her 200m Individual Medley; and a 2.49 second PB and a Silver Medal in her 100m Freestyle.
- Jake received a Gold Medal in his 100m Breaststroke; a Gold Medal and a 3.81 second PB in his 200m Breaststroke, qualifying for National Championships; a Gold Medal in his 200m Backstroke with a 6.07 second PB; a 7.96 second PB in his 200m Freestyle; and a PB in his 100m Freestyle event.
- Ethan achieved a 100% PB rate for the meet receiving a Gold Medal in his 50m Freestyle; a Gold Medal in his 100m Breaststroke; a Gold Medal with a 2.29 second PB in his 200m Breaststroke qualifying for National Championships; and a 0.59 second PB in his 50m Breaststroke receiving a Silver Medal.
- Maddi competed in the 200m Freestyle event for the first time.
- Jess achieved a 3.20 second PB in her 200m Individual Medley and a 5.03 second PB in her 200m Backstroke receiving a Silver Medal and qualifying for State Championships.
- Jarrod competed in the 200m LC Butterfly event for the first time receiving a Gold Medal and qualifying for National Championships; achieved a 4.30 second PB in his 400m Freestyle receiving a Gold Medal and a 5.22 second PB in his 100m Breaststroke receiving a Silver Medal and qualifying for Country Championships.
- Patrick H competed and swam well in his 5 events including the 50m, 100m and 200m Freestyle; 50m Butterfly and 200m Individual Medley.
- Ollie competed in 5 events and achieved a PB in 4 of them including a 2.40 second PB in his 50m Backstroke, qualifying for Country Championships; 6.05 second PB and a Bronze Medal in his 200m Freestyle; a massive 29.46 second PB and a Silver Medal in his 200m Individual Medley qualifying for Country and State Championships; 0.33 second PB in his 100m Freestyle and a Silver Medal in his 200m Breaststroke.
- Patrick Dixon received a Silver Medal in his 200m Freestyle and 100m Breaststroke events.
- Alexis competed in 7 events and achieved a PB in 5 of them including a 1.28 second PB in her 100m Backstroke; a Silver Medal in her 100m Breaststroke; a 1.19 second PB in her 50m Butterfly qualifying for Country Championships; a 1.23 second PB in her 50m Backstroke qualifying for Country Championships; a Bronze Medal and a 1.51 second PB in her 100m Butterfly; and a 0.82 second PB in her 100m Freestyle qualifying for Country Champsionships.
Thank you to our Vice President, Marcus Stokes, who took on the role of Meet Director and did a fantastic job organising and running the event. A big thank you goes out to the army of volunteers, including the officials and timekeepers from the ACT and District Clubs, and to the Woden Parents, Coach Bill and Sharks who helped make the weekend such a success.
Thank you to our very talented announcers: Amanda on Saturday and Rachel on Sunday; the Programs and Raffle sellers, Jennifer and her team; Claire the medals distributer; the Bar-b-que operators Andrew, Warrick and Felicity; our Marshals Felicity, Tony and Matt; our Check starters Jim, Kirsten and Amanda; our Recorders Cathy, Cindy and Lisa; our Sharks who juggled their duties with competing in their races; and our fantastic and wonderful group of caterers, Nene and her team: Irina, Sarah, Kate, Michael, Imogen, Lewis, Lilly and Ivan, who kept all the officials, coaches and timekeepers very well fed and watered. THANK YOU!
Thank you also to the many families who provided items for catering and/or donated items to be included in the raffles. A huge THANK YOU to Daniel and his family who tirelessly organized the 100 squares and raffles for the benefit of our club.
Thank you also to our Event Sponsors including the Couper Family, Cross Thebridge Family, Felicity McDonald, Fifthseason Artworks, Jarrod Lee, Jessica Lee, Lamb Family, Mackie Family, Nicholas Odgers & Jacob Faggioni, Thornton Family, Woden Dermatology and Zharkov Family.
A very big THANKYOU also to the following companies for their generosity: Woden Dermatology, Bakers Delight Lanyon, Bonza Bangers Hawker Butchery, Bunnings Warehouse Tuggeranong, Cafe2U, Freshka Fruita Woden, Flip Out, Grill’d Woden, Limelight Cinemas, One Sportswear & Uniforms, Rebel Sport, San Churro’s Woden, Stratco and Woolworths Conder.
All Sharks should be very proud of their efforts on the weekend, not only with the way they swam but the way they supported their team mates and supported their club by helping out on the day. Fantastic weekend everyone! Well Done!