Don’t forget to get your meet entries in for the Burley Griffin LC Qualifying meet being held at the AIS on 10 & 11 October 2015. For further information, please see Burley Griffin Meet Flyer. Entries close 8pm 28th September 2015 Entries and any questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, a confirmation email will be sent on receipt of your …View full post
Don’t forget to get your meet entries in for the Burley Griffin LC Qualifying meet being held at the AIS on 10 & 11 October 2015.
For further information, please see Burley Griffin Meet Flyer.
Entries close 8pm 28th September 2015
Entries and any questions can be emailed to email@example.com, a confirmation email will be sent on receipt of your entries. Please include $2 coach fee with meet entry payment.
Payment to be made by electronic funds transfer to
Woden Valley Swim Club Incorporated, Bendigo Bank. BSB – 633-000 Account Number – 149979510
Please reference meet and swimmer name when making payment
Woden had two sharks compete in the Pentathlon held on Sunday at the AIS, Patrick H and Yaroslav.
At the Pentathlon, competitors swim in 5 events:- 50m Freestyle, Breaststroke, Butterfly and Backstroke and the 200m Individual Medley. Both Patrick and Yaroslav achieved PBs in 4 of their 5 events. Patrick in the 50m Breaststroke, Butterfly and Backstroke and the 200m IM, and Yaroslav in all his 50m events. Fantastic effort Boys!
At the Pentathlon meet, all times for all of the races for each swimmer are added together and the swimmer with the lowest aggregate times is awarded 1st place for their age group. Congratulations to Yaroslav who placed 1st in the Boys 9 Year Olds and to Patrick who placed 3rd in the Boys 15 & Over age group. Well Done and Congratulations!!!!
Jasmine was our only shark to compete at the NSW State Open SC Championships held in Sydney.
Jasmine achieved a PB in her event, 50m Womens Open Breaststroke.
Congratulations Jasmine, we are very proud of you.
The 2015 NSW State Age SC Championships were held in Sydney last Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We had 8 very talented Sharks competing including Yaroslav, Mason, Jake, Ethan, Jessica, Jarrod, Oliver and Alexis. To qualify for such an event is an amazing achievement – Congratulations and well done to you all.
A special mention and congratulations to Alexis, Jarrod, Jessica, Ethan, Jake and Yaroslav who finished in the Top 20 for one or more events.
Another special mention and congratulations to Alexis and Jarrod who finishing in the Top 10:-
- Alexis finished 8th in the Girls 14 Year Olds 400m Individual Medley;
- Jarrod finished 8th in the Boys 14yo 200m Individual Medley and Boys 14yo 200m Backstroke events.
There were a number of PBs broken at the meet with a special congratulations to Jessica, who had an amazing meet and achieved a 100% PB rate. Well done Jessica!
Well done to all of our competitors, you are truly amazing and should be very proud of your efforts.
Thank you Coach Bill for your dedication to the team; your time, effort, encouragement and patience throughout the meet.
Coach Neill will taking a well deserved holiday for approximately 6 weeks. His last day at training will be on Tuesday, 1st September 2015. Whilst Neill is enjoying himself and visiting places like Italy and Kyrgyzstan, Amanda Joyner will be taking the Bronze training sessions with assistance from our other Coaches and Executive Staff.
Have a safe and fantastic time Coach Neill.
We have received confirmation from both the ACT Government and the YMCA in relation to the re-opening date for the Lakeside Leisure Centre.
We are happy to announce that our normal training regime will resume at Lakeside Leisure Centre on Tuesday, 1st September, 2015 at 4:30pm (Gold, Silver & Bronze). Blue squad will start on Wednesday, 2nd September at 4:30pm.
Please note that training for Gold and Silver squads at the Civic Pool on Monday, 31st August 2015 has been cancelled.
The final training session at Kings Swim School for Bronze and Blue squads will be on Sunday, 30 August 2015.
As always please forward any questions to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank all of our members for your patience and understanding over the past two months. Look forward to catching up on pooldeck.
Please familiarize yourself with the training schedule below (starting Tuesday, 1 September 2015)
We had 6 sharks including Emily, Patrick C, Maddison, Kurt, Nicholas and Imogen compete at the Development Meet and Patrick H competed in the 400m Freestyle event at the Distance Meet held on Sunday at the AIS. Everyone swam very well with many PBs being achieved. Congratulations on all your efforts and Well Done!
We had 14 Sharks compete at the ACT Short Course Championships over the weekend including Alexis, Patrick D, Patrick H, Jarrod, Jess L, Ethan, Jake, Kizzy, Nicholas, Luke, Katie, Jasmine, Mason and Yaroslav. It was a great weekend of swimming with PBs broken and medals won. Well done to you all!
Our medal winners were:-
- Patrick H
– Bronze in the Boys 13&O 100m Freestyle Intermediate Finals
– Bronze in the Boys 14 100m Freestyle ACT Finals
– Silver in the Boys 14 100m Butterfly ACT Finals
– Bronze in the Boys 13-14 200m Individual Medley ACT Finals
– Silver in the Boys 13-14 200m Backstroke ACT Finals
– Bronze in the Boys 14 100m Breaststroke ACT Finals
– Bronze in the Boys 13-14 200m Breaststroke ACT Finals
– Bronze in the Girls 10&U 100m Butterfly ACT Finals
– Bronze in the Girls 10&U 50m Freestyle ACT Finals
– Bronze in the Boys 12 100m Breaststroke ACT Finals
– Bronze in the Boys 9-12 200m Breaststroke ACT Finals
– Gold in the Girls Open MC 100m Freestyle ACT Finals
– Gold in the Girls Open MC 100m Backstroke ACT Finals
– Gold in the Girls Open MC 50m Freestyle ACT Finals
– Gold in the Boys 13 100m Breaststroke ACT Finals
– Bronze in the Boys 13 100m Backstroke ACT Finals
– Bronze in the Boys 13 50m Freestyle ACT Finals
– Silver in the Boys 10&U 100m Breaststroke ACT Finals
– Bronze in the Boys 10&U 50m Backstroke ACT Finals
– Silver in the Boys 10&U 50m Butterfly ACT Finals
– Bronze in the Boys 10&U 100m Individual Medley ACT Finals
– Silver in the Boys 10&U 50m Breaststroke ACT Finals
– Bronze in the Boys 10&U 50m Freestyle ACT Finals
Some other fantastic achievements include:-
- Alexis achieved a 1.25 seconds PB in her 100m Freestyle event.
- Patrick D achieved 3 out of 5 PBs including a PB in his100m Backstroke, 50m Freestyle and a 1.61 seconds PB in his 200m Freestyle.
- Patrick H achieved a 100% PB rate including a PB in his 50m Freestyle and a 1.82 second PB in his 100m Freestyle.
- Jarrod achieved a PB in his 100m Freestyle and a 1.26 second PB in his 100m Butterfly.
- Jess achieved a 1.12 seconds PB in her 200m Freestyle and a 1 second PB in her 100m Backstroke.
- Kizzy achieved 3 out of 4 PBs including a PB in her 100m Butterfly, 50m Freestyle and a 1.78 seconds PB in her 100m Freestyle.
- Katie achieved a PB for her 100m Backstroke.
- Jasmine achieved 3 out of 5 PBs including a 1.18 seconds PB in her 50m Breaststroke qualifying for NSW State Open Championships, 1.52 seconds in her 100m Backstroke and 1.23 seconds PB in her 100m Breaststroke. Jasmine also broke the 30 second barrier in her 50m Freestyle.
- Mason achieved 5 out of 6 PBs including his 100m Breaststroke, 50m and 200m Freestyle, 1.73 seconds PB in his 100m Freestyle and 1.93 seconds in his 100m Backstroke.
- Yaroslav achieved a PB in his 50m Backstroke, 50m Breaststroke and a 1.02 seconds PB in his 100m Breaststroke. Yaroslav also broke the Woden Club Records for 9yo Boys 50m Backstroke (previously held by Yaroslav); the 9yo Boys 100m Breaststroke (previously held since 2003) and the 9yo Boys 50m Breaststroke (previously held by Yaroslav).
Thank you to our Vice President, Marcus Stokes, who was once again the Meet Director on Saturday and did a fantastic job. A big thank you also goes out to the army of volunteers including the officials from all the ACT District Clubs, the Woden Parents and Sharks who helped make the meet such a success. Once again, a fantastic job was done by our very talented Announcer Amanda, our Runners who juggled their duties with competing in their races, our Programs/Raffle sellers, our Medals desk team, and our wonderful group of caterers who kept all the officials, coaches and timekeepers very well fed and watered. THANK YOU!
- Kurt improved by 8.86 seconds in his 100m Breaststroke;
- Patrick H improved by 3.64 seconds in his 100m Individual Medley;
- Katie improved by 2.94 seconds in her 100m Backstroke;
- Ben improved by 6.37 seconds in his 100m Backstroke, 7.02 seconds in his 200m Individual Medley and 4.58 seconds in his 100m Freestyle; and
- Yaroslav improved by 3.11 seconds in his 100m Freestyle.
All our sharks swam brilliantly. Well Done!!!